Tuesday, December 29, 2009

DIY Project #1 PREVIEW – Refinishing an old china cabinet

For the past couple of months I have been looking high and low for a small antique china cabinet.  We do not have a very large house and I needed something that would not take up a lot of room.  Finally, about a month ago, I found it!  And of course, I found it on Craigslist, one of my favorite places to bargain hunt!  The woman was asking $100 for it, but as you can see it needs quite a bit of TLC, so we settled on $60 cash.

Here is the “before” picture and a couple pictures I found for inspiration.  The white china cabinet is a very similar style as the one I found and I just adore the shade of blue in the other picture.

Now it is time to work my magic!  I am off to Menards to purchase some stripper, a hand-held power sander, some sandpaper and of course some paint in a beautiful shade of blue.

Keep checking back for the “after” picture.











Images: Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment